PowerScribe 360 TIPS for Using the Tools to Fix Recognition Errors
- If a word or phrase is misrecognized, train the misrecognized word or phrase by speaking it in the same cadence as spoken in the dictation.
- If a word or phrase is misrecognized and the resulting word (incorrect word) is always the same word, train both the misrecognized word and the resulting word.
- If a word or phrase is misrecognized and the resulting word (incorrect word) is a word that you will never use in your dictation, access the word in the vocabulary editor and delete the word.
- If a small word is misrecognized such as; if, the, that, were, of, and, he, she, etc., train the small word as part of a phrase.
- If an entire phrase is misrecognized, train the entire phrase.
- If you tried training a word or phrase and it still doesn't work, find or add the word or phrase in the vocabulary editor and add a spoken form to the word. I.e. Dictated word “cardiac”, add the spoken form “car D ack”
- If a word or phrase is misrecognized resulting into a phrase that is never dictated, use the auto-correct feature to change the misrecognized phrase back to the correct word or phrase. I.e. Dictating “cardiomediastinal” results into “cardiac mediastinal” and "cardiac mediastinal" is a phrase you will never dictate, use auto-correct to change “cardiac mediastinal” to “cardiomediastinal”. Be sure to check the IC (Ignore Case) box.
- If a word or phrase is correctly recognized but formatted incorrectly, use the auto-correct feature to change the word or phrase to the correct format. I.e. Dictating “grams per square centimeter” results into "g/sq cm" and you would like it formatted as "g/cm2", use auto-correct to change “g/sq cm” to "g/cm2".